Commercial Influence is an immune resource, once you have gained a Commercial Influence point, you cannot lose it or spend it in any way.
Great Trade Routes
- Discover Shipbuilding to unlock Great Trading Routes.
- Build a Longship Dock (or Harbor as Raven Clan).
- Build a Lighthouse as extension
Once these steps are done, you can start only one of the Great Trading Routes at a time. You can switch to another Great Trade Route anytime, you can also completely stop Great Trade Routes if you need to. If you run out of Kröwns, Great Trade Routes will automatically stop.
Commercial Influence gained from Great Trade Routes is not increased because of feasts. The only game mechanic that increases Commercial Influence are Negotiators and Glory of the clan knowledges, which adds 20% to all Commercial Influence gains.
There are 3 Great Trading Routes that are always available. Additionally, building the Relic of Bragaful adds a 4th trade route. Each trade route requires a certain amount of gold spent, and in exchange you gain Commercial Influence and bonus Happiness as long as the trade route is active. Below is a table with the details of each Great Trade Route:
|Earned||Earned as Raven||Spent||Happiness Bonus||Destination||Notes|
|+20||24||-60 Kröwns||+9||Only available with Bragaful|
Because this victory condition requires a significant amount of gold spending, which means an economic setback, certain rewards are received for reaching certain Commercial Influence milestones as follows:
|500 Commercial Influence||100 Wood, 100 Food, 50 Lore|
|1,000 Commercial Influence||150 Wood, 150 Food, 10 Iron|
|1,500 Commercial Influence||200 Wood, 200 Food, 20 Stone|
|2,000 Commercial Influence||Becoming "King of Northgard", winning the game.|
Because the amount of Commercial Influence gained from each Great Trade Route is fixed, it is possible to calculate the amount of time and Kröwns needed to achieve Trade Victory with each Great Trade Route, if the great trade route is not changed or stopped:
|Great Trade Route||Months Needed||Spent||Months Needed as Raven||Spent as Raven|
|-5 Kröwns Route||66.67 months||2000 Kröwns||55.56 months||1667 Kröwns|
|-20 Kröwns Route||33.33 months||4000 Kröwns||27.78 months||3333 Kröwns|
|-40 Kröwns Route||22.22 months||5333 Kröwns||18.52 months||4444 Kröwns|
|-60 Kröwns Route||16.67 months||6000 Kröwns||13.89 months||5000 Kröwns|
Tips and Tricks
- You can only build one Lighthouse, and thus start only one Great Trade Route.
- It's considered safe to build your Lighthouse on your Town Hall Tile.
- The greater trade route stops if the Shipdock/Harbor hosting the lighthouse is burning.
- Being able to loot a Shipwreck can speed up your progress significantly.
- Feasting will not increase the rate of Commercial Influence gained.
- Sailor's Tool-Upgrade will not increase the rate of Commercial Influence gained.
- Keeping a solid Kröwns storage for defending is advised.