Usage EditDragon Essence is a central gameplay element of the Dragon Clan, playing a role in management, the acquisition of military units, and unlocking various economic and military bonuses from the Dragon Essence gauge.
Dragon Essence Bonuses Edit
Dragon Essence can be used to unlock various bonuses on the Dragon Essence gauge. Each Fame step will improve the available bonuses and unlock additional parts of the gauge.
The different bonuses that can be unlocked are:
- Nanna’s Influence: +2 (Thane: +3 / Jarl: +4)
- Andhrimnir’s Influence: +2 production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Niorun’s Influence: +2 production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Njörd’s Influence: +2 production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Mimir’s Influence: +2 production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Hönir Influence: Your slightly increases over time.
- Idunn’s Influence: Will heal your Dragonkin, wherever they are (unless in combat)
- Magni’s Influence: +10% for your Warband and non-Thrall units (Thane: +15% / Jarl: +20%)
Military Units Edit
If the Dragon Essence gauge runs out of Dragon Essence, not only will the player no longer benefit from any of the bonuses, but there will also be a -10 cost to Happiness, which will persist until the player gets more Dragon Essence.