Combining this wiki community with the Northgard Wiki on Fandom
Gamepedia recently joined forces with Fandom. That means that there are now two Northgard wikis under one roof - this one, and Fandom's.
We would like to reunite the two communities into one. The obvious question is: Where should it live?
This wiki here received about 20,000 pageviews last month. The Fandom wiki received about 35,000 pageviews in the same time. That would make the Fandom wiki the seemingly obvious choice, since there are already more people visiting it. However, the wiki here is recognized by the developer as the official resource for the game. It also have a few more active editors here than the wiki on Fandom.
That means, what's best for the whole Northgard wiki community can only be decided if the active editors on both sides can agree on where they'd like to continue building the best resource on the game. Content can be moved over, but if editors don't want to come together, the wikis can't be reunited.
What do you think? How do you think we can best bring two divided wikis together? If you'd like to see what the users on Fandom are saying, you can follow (and join!) the debate there. Miralaime (talk) 04:07, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi, this a great initiative. I understand you are a gamepedia administrator? Of course, I would be more incline to stay where I already have my habits, but obviously that's irrelevant :D. However, besides that, there are still things that let me think keeping the gamepedia wiki would be better :
- It is the official one, which means that shiro staff, being the administrators, can intervene on it, and directly upload files when the need arises.
- Design, file organisation and templates are more advanced then on the fandom one. It is also fully updated to the last patch.
- Northgard community on the Discord server mainly have this wiki as a reference.
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fandom wiki is older then gamepedia, which partially explains the pageviews difference. Could'nt this be easily tweaked with some SEO?
Anyway, thanks for putting this on the table! Let's wait for Black Soulstone and JVC-Portia reaction. :) Ratatoskr (talk) 12:41, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- I'm a staff member for both Fandom and Gamepedia, so I have access to some more stats and tools for the wikis on both sides. Thanks for bringing up these valid points! We'll need to see what the other involved editors have to say. I hope we'll hear from them soon. Miralaime (talk) 21:39, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Not all members of the Fandom wiki have voiced their opinion so far, and so nothing changes. No merger in either direction can happen until both communities agree. For what it's worth, both wikis received roughly the same amount of pageviews in the last 30 days (about 50k each). So readers can't seem to decide which they like better either! Miralaime (talk) 00:49, 16 November 2019 (UTC)
Hello! It's not really a wiki I edit much but I'm active on official Discord server which includes a wiki channel. This wiki is definitely more up to date than the Fandom one. As for the views, Fandom one has a lot better positioning in google, I often go there by accident when I search for something but then have to go back and scroll 2-3 links down to gamepedia. As Ratatoskr mentioned, this wiki was started and is supported by developers themselves. Lastly, as a personal choice, I simply prefer gamepedia, both because of visuals and the fact that I'm used to using it/editing. I'll tell others to voice their opinions, including devs. Hayaku (talk) 21:41, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
+1 to pretty much everything Hayaku said, I've only recently started contributing but I definitely prefer this one. - JDog 21:56, 18 December 2019 (UTC)